Thursday, April 29, 2010

I'm going to AUSTRALIA!

Today we chose roommates while overseas. I'm rooming with Ashley Wooding, who I met at my Christian camp Ganderbrook, which is located in Maine, a year before we came to Harding. We also counseled together at the Christian camp Tidal River, in Massachusetts. I am so excited to see where us living together is going to bring us. We also have signed up for the exact same course schedule. Many memories are going to be made, and as school is nearing an end, I'm actually getting excited!

I finished the seven quizzes we needed to take before we were allowed to leave the States. I learned a lot of random facts about Australia which should come in handy.

For example, the US dollar is strong against the Australian dollar, which excites me. When I traveled to Italy for spring break this year, it was difficult to buy things knowing they were actually about one-third more expensive than what the price tag stated. However, this time around, the prices will be less expensive. Now I just have to leave enough room in my bag for souvenirs without exceeding 44 pounds...

I also learned that in Australia the cars drive on the left side of the road. Knowing myself, I think this small, trivial thing will be something that will endlessly amuse and amaze me. It just blows my mind that something so natural to them is literally foreign to us. I can't wait to figure out other things that are so different that I am unaware of at this moment.

I just look at this picture and all I can think about is, "Imagine if I look out the window and see this." I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment